Emotional Transformation Therapy® (ETT®) is an “attachment based” form of interpersonal therapy whose outcomes are substantially amplified by precise visual brain stimulation.
- The term “emotional transformation” is used because it frequently alleviates emotional distress in minutes and often produces positive states as a result.
- “Attachment based” refers to the fact that each person has characteristic patterns of regulating emotions and relationships that developed in early bonding. When attachment patterns are deficient, it makes people more susceptible to emotional distress. By adapting interpersonal responses that are individualized to each person in counseling, the healing process is substantially enhanced.
- “Precise visual brain stimulation” refers to the idea that when light enters the eyes, it is converted into neural impulses that travel throughout the brain where it impacts, not only vision but brain mechanisms that control emotions, thoughts, physiology, and spiritual states. By using precise wavelengths of light (color) during interpersonal processes, the exact parts of the brain responsible for disturbances can be impacted. This makes it possible to achieve rapid outcomes for alleviating psychological and physical distress.
The types of visual brain stimulation used in ETT® includes four modalities in conjunction with interpersonal processes.
- Multidimensional eye movement (MDEM)-This procedure uses specific visual targets that accesses the exact brain mechanisms of an emotional or physical distress and changes the disturbance in minutes. The type of eye movement is very slow and precisely individualized for each person. It procedure bears no resemblance to the popular EMDR form of therapy. MDEM offers a breakthrough for the rapid treatment of trauma.
- Spectral Resonance Technique (SRT)-This procedure produces emotional mindful regulation very quickly. It uses a specialized spectral chart of unusually saturated colors to produce these outcomes. SRT can instantly detect a lack of emotional engagement and restore it. It brings up non-conscious emotions that are often the basis for emotional symptoms and change them. This makes long-term change likely. SRT can also permanently eliminate chronic distress in a single session.
- Peripheral Eye Stimulation (PES) - This approach uses specialized goggles during interpersonal processing that allow tiny beams of light to enter the eye’s periphery to produce instant effects in the brain. It is valuable for people who have light sensitivity and tend to be overwhelmed with emotional distress. PES can rapidly access “inner psychological parts” and change distress. It is valuable for rapidly relieving migraine headaches.
- Light Emitting Device - This approach uses a specialized device to emit light into the eyes during expressive processing. By means of selecting from hundreds of precise wavelengths of light (color), the exact wavelength for a specific state of mind can be used to change distress. This method provides the widest variety of application to relieve emotional distress, alleviate physical pain and probe the mind for new insights. It can also be used to facilitate states of extreme wellbeing.
The ETT® method is now used by hundreds of therapists in the U.S. and Europe. Its process is supported by scientific research documented in the book Emotional Transformation Therapy. This method has specific treatment procedures for the following conditions:
- Rapid Trauma Recovery-Acute Trauma and PTSD
- Anxiety Disorders
- Addiction-Both substance and behavioral addictions
- Couple Therapy
- Spiritual and Religious Issues
- Somatic Psychotherapy-Chronic physical, accident recovery and the stress component of illness
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Adult ADD and ADHD
- Some types of brain injury
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
An advantage of ETT® over most talk therapies is that many conditions like trauma and addictions operate in parts of the brain that are not conscious and are largely inaccessible by conscious verbal means. ETT® possesses the capacity to access underlying drives, motives, trauma and emotions that produce unwanted symptoms and then can change them. ETT® is an experiential form of therapy that works best when the client allows themselves to participate emotionally in the process.
Be forewarned that change can take place rapidly and to a greater magnitude than most people imagine to be possible. Therefore, it may exceed preconceived ideas of what is possible. Comments such as “I can’t believe it”; “Will it last?”; or “How can this change be possible?” are not uncommon and required adaptation.